Thursday, January 13, 2011

Foodie Challenge--Whip Up Something New

I know this is a book blog, but I do love a few things besides books.  Food is one of them.  I enjoy cooking, but sometimes I get in a rut and cook the same things over and over.

I was so excited when I saw that Joanna, a fellow book blogger, is hosting "Foodie Challenge: Whip Up Something New!"  This challenge started as a result of Trish's Sunday Salon post about her Recipe Scrapbook Project.  Most of us have recipes that we've torn out of magazines or printed off the internet but haven't tried yet.  This challenge is to make at least one new recipe each month.  Each month will have a new host.

With three small children and a husband who works late most nights, dinner time is usually chaotic.  I'm lucky if I get dinner on the table, let alone something new.  This challenge will be a great way for me to make sure that we're changing things up.  I can't wait to see what everyone else is cooking.  I think that is the best part.  At the end of each month, there will be more recipes for me to try.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited about this--now just need to settle on a recipe and start cooking. When I was going through my stack last weekend I was finding recipes torn out of magazines in 2004--scary!

    Hope we're all able to find something good to share with the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish--It's been fun going through my recipes trying to figure out which to make first. Most of mine will probably be main dishes because figuring out what to make for dinner is a struggle sometimes.

    ReplyDelete