Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1% Well-Read Challenge

The 1% Well-Read Challenge requires reading 13 books from the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die list.  This challenge began April 1, 2010 and ends April 30, 2011.

I have been slowly working through this list but this challenge will help me increase my efforts.  Here is a list of the books I plan to read.

1.  Never Let Me Go by Kazou Ishiguro
2.  A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
3.  The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
4.  The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
5.  The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
6.  The Remains of the Day by Kazou Ishiguro
7.  The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
8.  The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
9.  Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
10. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
11. Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
12.  Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
13.  The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins

2 comments:

  1. You've got some neat choices on there. I like that you are reading a few books by some of the same authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenners--Most of these authors, I've already enjoyed some of their works so I figured it was a safe choice. The only authors that are new to me are Franzen, Wilde, Atwood, and Alcott. Have you read any of these?

    ReplyDelete